Thanks to your support, For You Haiti, has grown exponentially this year and achieved goals years in advance of our targets. We can never thank you enough for the love, generosity and care that you have shown for Haiti, la Gonâve and for each and ever child and family this year! No words can ever describe how your support transforms the lives of those who receive it.
From all of us at For You Haiti we wish you the very best CHRISTMAS and the happiest NEW YEAR! Here’s just a few goals you have helped us achieve in 2017:
- Our Medical Program saw more 100 patients receive life-changing surgery or medical treatment in 2017.
- Our Hungry Tummies Project successfully secured funding for all of 2018. (That’s 33,000 meals ready to be served at our school)
- We became a charity in the United States, meaning all donations are now tax deductible for US donors.
OUR SCHOOL IS GROWING SO FAST!
- Huge enrolment increase (36 to 190 students in 2018),
- 2 x brand new classrooms to accommodate student increase,
- 1 x shade cover area,
- 1 x amenities block and a sick bay,
- 1 x playground successfully funded (to be built in 2018),
- 1 x water well and pump to service our amenities,
and We’ve purchased a large block of land behind our school for future expansion.
OUR CAPABILITY HAS GREATLY IMPROVED!
- 1 x 4X4 car for transport of patients to and from medical services,
- 2 x quad bikes to transport food & supplies for our Hungry Tummies Project,
- 1 x care facility to prepare and care for medical patients pre & post surgery,
- 1 x solar power system installed to service our care centre,
- 1 x new For You Haiti office (built next door to our school),
- 4 x new Haitian staff members have joined the For You Haiti team,
- 15 x family run small business were funded as part of our family support program.